Baby Wants Candy are a truly amazing Improv troupe from Chicago who crash the Edinburgh Fringe every few years and blow everyone away with their Improvised Musical Show (now with added full band awesomeness). This year they’re back again and quite excitingly they need some help.
Okay. Let’s get one thing straight from the start. These guys are incredible, they've had five star reviews from The Scotsman (which is the Edinburgh Fringe equivalent of scoring the winning goal in the World Cup final while blindfolded and surrounded by lions ie. very rare and very impressive).
They’re looking for interns to come up to Edinburgh for the full three weeks (if possible) and help with stuff like flyering, ticketing and promoting the show. This is obviously an amazing opportunity, especially if you’re an improviser and want to hang out with some world class talent.
What you’ll get:
• Housing in a nice flat near the Royal Mile for the duration of the festival
• Access to all Assembly Room shows for FREE
• A place on all the Improvisation workshops that Baby Wants Candy are running while at the festival
• The chance to live and work with a group of performers at the top of their game who actually make a living from improvising
Did I mention they sold out their entire run last time? This is where you come in ...
What you’ll be doing:
• Flyering (approx. 3-4 hours a day) (it’s very easy to promote a 5 star show, especially when you have sweets to give out)
• Helping on the doors at the show
• Small errands and administrational tasks as needed
So there you go. A heart-stoppingly good opportunity and a chance to go to the Edinburgh Festival without losing a lot of money. All you need to provide is your travel to and from Scotland and buckets of enthusiasm
Drop me a line ASAP if you’re interested or if you have any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org.